How to Fix Error 1668 on Canon Printer?
- 01 March 2021
The ink level of your printer and your stress level is connected. Are you thinking about how? When you have a deadline at work, the lower the ink level on your Canon Printer, the higher will be your stress level. An error message that reads “Error Code 1688” or “Error Code 1668” whenever your Canon Printer runs out of ink will be seen on the screen. This blog will share some tips on what you can do to resolve the Canon Printer Error Code 1688 (1668). Apart from the solution given below in this blog, you can call the Canon Printer support number and speak to experienced printer experts to get additional assistance.
How to Manually Reset the Ink Level?
The ink level indicator on your printer is meant to warn you whenever your Canon printer ink is running low to replace the ink cartridges. However, sometimes due to a technical glitch in the ink level, Error Code 1668 can occur. You can use the troubleshooting steps mentioned below to manually process for reset\ the ink level on your Canon Printer:
- You need to click on the ‘Start’ button and go to ‘Control Panel.’
- Then go to the ‘Hardware and Sound’ section on the control panel.
- Here click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ (Sometimes it says ‘Printers and Faxes.’)
- Select the option of ‘Maintenance Program’ and then proceed to the next step.
- Then you need to click on the Canon Printer Preferences in the dialog box that opens.
- Then go to the maintenance section, and don’t forget to check the ink level warning.
- Click the radio box beside the ink level warning to disable it.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ option to save the changes and close the Canon Printer Preferences dialog box.
Then restart your printer and check to see if Canon Printer Error Code 1668 is still visible on the screen or not. While restarting the Canon printer, you need to press and hold the ‘Stop/Reset’ button on your Printer for five seconds and then release the button. If the Error Code 1668 still appears, there is a more in-depth technical issue with your Canon printer. You should dial the Canon Printer support number and speak to a skilled technician to resolve this issue. You can reach out to experts 24*7 round the clock to get a step-by-step guide to fix Canon Printer Error 1668 or any other Canon printer error.