Download and Install Canon Printer Driver on Windows & MAC OS?
- 24 February 2022
Canon printers are one of the most used printers, thanks to their quality printing, durability, and cost-effective prices. To print and scan efficiently using the printer, you need to download the Canon printer driver. These drivers enable the printer to work with your computer. There are various instances when your printer and computer are no longer to communicate with each other. In such cases, you will need to download and install the printer driver for your printer. If you are not sure how to download Canon printer driver Windows & MAC OS, reading this post until the end will definitely help.
Instances When You May Need to Update/Reinstall Canon Printer Drivers
There are multiple instances when you may need to update or reinstall your printer drivers as mentioned in the below-given list:
• When you have a new computer or printer.
• After updating your operating system to the latest release.
• If your printer and computer are not able to communicate with each other.
• To harvest the features of your printer smoothly, you need to install Canon Printer Driver Windows & MAC OS.
Things to Keep in Mind When Installing Your Canon Printer Driver
When installing the Canon printer driver, you need to make sure that it should be compatible with your printer’s model. If not, you may not be able to work with it smoothly. To know it, go to the Canon support page and type the name of your product in the given area. When you enter the product name or model, it will help you to find the drivers, manuals and other things related to the same model. On the same page, you can also find suitable drivers based on the specific product types listed on the same page. Once you know, which driver will suit your printer the best, get it installed using a few simple steps.
How to Download Canon Printer Driver Windows & MAC OS?
To download the Canon printer driver on your Windows or Mac OS, perform the below-given steps with the full attention:
• On the Canon Support page, look for your specific printer model.
• To do so, you need to enter the model number in the search box.
• When your printer appears on the screen, click it.
• The clicking will redirect you to the Drivers and Download page based on the specific model number you have entered.
• You may now select the Drivers, Software, or Firmware, whatever you want to download.
Note: If you are installing the printer driver for the first time, you need to download the recommended driver only in order to print smoothly with your printer.
• After ensuring the correct driver, you need to click the Select button to the right of the driver file you wish to download.
• Once you click Select, you will see a next button that says Close.
• Now select Download and it will download the desired file to your computer.
• Once the download finishes, go to the download location and double-click on the downloaded file.
• Now follow the on-screen instructions carefully to complete the installation procedure correctly.
There are some exceptional cases, wherein, you may not be able to install Canon Printer Driver Windows & MAC OS directly. If you are a Mac user and have models, such as PIXMA TS, TR or CanoScan, you may not be able to find the drivers for them. The reason is that they use AirPrint technology for printing and scanning. In such a case, you need to download a CPUs printer driver. Connect your printer to your Mac using a USB or via a network (for the models that support network connections). It will enable you to add your printer to the printer list on your Mac. Besides, if your model supports scanning, you will be able to scan via Image Capture or IJ. To do so:
• Go to the Mac Driver page for your Canon printer.
• Next, locate and click your model name available on the same page.
• Once you open the page based on your model, it will prompt you to connect the printer to your computer.
• Next, click the download button and run the software to initiate the setup on your computer.
• Now follow the on-screen instructions carefully to get the task accomplished.
• Alternatively, you may also connect the printer to your smartphone by following the on-screen instructions with the utmost care and attention.
Install Procedure for Mac OS X v10.8
Proceeding further with the download Canon Printer Driver Windows & MAC OS procedures, let’s find out the steps for Mac OS X v10.8. But before proceeding any further, you need to ensure the minimum system requirements to perform the procedure. After ensuring the system requirements, perform the below-given steps carefully:
• Click on the download link in the first place and it will initiate the download procedure automatically.
• Once the download is completed, the file will be saved to your system.
• Go to the download location and double-click on the file to mount the disk image.
• Now double-click the mounted Disk Image.
• Again, double-click the installer file in the folder and the installation will be started automatically.
The Printer Driver Cannot Be Installed
When you try to download Canon Printer Driver Windows & MAC OS, an error message can appear on your screen that reads - The printer driver cannot be installed. This error can take place if your computer is not connected to the Internet at the time of installation. Besides, the device manager categorizes the printer as “Other devices”. To fix this:
• Make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
• Now connect your device with the computer and click the device ON.
• Moving ahead, click Start and open Devices and Printers.
• Right-click the device’s icon and then perform the troubleshooting procedure.
• Finally, select Apply this fix to resolve the issue.
In the End….
This post elaborates on the install Canon Printer Driver Windows & MAC OS procedures so that you can use your Canon printer smoothly with your device. If you find any technical unease in performing the steps, get in touch with experienced professionals to get the relevant solution.